Friday 24 February 2017

Flash Back Friday - Ambleside Quilt

Ordering fabric on-line is always a risk - and not just because it can get lost in the mail.  It can be hard to judge the scale of a print and images viewed on computer monitors are rarely true to colour.

I had seen Moda's Ambleside fabric by Brenda Riddle Designs on-line.  It didn't appeal to me.  Then I saw it in a quilt store and thought it was beautiful, vintage-inspired fabric with its floral and gingham prints.  Perfect for a traditional style baby quilt.  After purchasing a few fat quarters I had to go on-line to order some more. 

The colours are lovely, but not so much when viewed on-line.  This is one fabric you need to see for yourself.

I selected prints from two charm packs to make this quilt, then sashed it with a narrow solid white and wide pink borders.


No comments:

Post a Comment