Friday 27 January 2017

Flash Back Friday - Where's Waldo?

Have you ever been drawn to a quilt and couldn't stop thinking about it?  That's how I was with the Fresh Cut quilt by Heather Bailey using fabric by the same name.  When she re-released the line I knew I had to make the quilt.

It's a strip quilt and creates an interesting kaleidoscope design.


I opted to make my quilt without the ruffle border.
 
Selecting Strips

Arranging Finished Blocks
Waldo
My cat has a fondness for quilting.  Whenever I arrange blocks on the floor she runs over and slides over them like she is on a crazy carpet.  With this quilt the blocks were laid out on a white sheet.  Somehow she managed to get under the sheet and crawl around messing up all my carefully laid blocks.  Perhaps she didn't like my arrangement and wanted me to start over.
 
Fresh Cut Quilt Finished
As with so many of my quilts I made adjustments.  In addition to making it without the ruffle, I added a row to create a lap-size quilt.
 
Fresh Cut Quilt - My Very Own Quilt
This is the first quilt I have made for myself.  The rest have been gifts.  It's so nice to have a quilt to enjoy. I may have to make a few more to keep!






No comments:

Post a Comment