Tuesday 15 November 2016

Monogram Pillow

I needed wanted to update the throw cushions on my couch.  Rather than the prints and stripes I have had in the past I decided to go with a more neutral palette, something similar to some denim pillows I had seen in a store.

Off I went to the fabric store to buy white denim. I thought white denim covered pillows would be perfect for my tan couch, but no longer felt the same way once I placed the white denim on my couch.  That clean, bright look I was going for now screamed bland.

Yikes!  Was this another fabric purchase that was going to sit and collect dust?  No, I really needed updated pillow covers.  I was determined to make it work.  I searched on-line for inspiration and came across this pillow:

The peace symbol wasn't what I wanted, but I loved the texture and tone-on-tone look.  I decided to make a monogram pillow.

I'm very happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment